Skip to content

Health & Human Services

Type your Health & Human Services idea in the text box below.

As you type, the system will search for similar ideas. If similar submissions are found, the system will list them. You will have the option to vote on ideas or continue submitting your idea.

To submit your own idea, click on the "create new idea” box and complete your submission.

24 results found

1. Co-pays on medicaid office visits.

Also, why does mediciad pay for lost glasses? Why does medicaid pay for braces? My insurance does not pay this benefit. We need to start making medicaid recipients accountable. I see generation after generation on welfare. Since when is welfare considered a life time benefit. I understand people with disabilities having this benefit- but laziness should not qualify as a reason to be receiving my hard working dollars! You should be setting up time limits on the benefit. And why does someone who works 2 weeks out of the year recieve 1000's of dollars due to the earned income credit!…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There should be mandatory drug testing for public assistance

Drug use is a major problem. We should not be enabling drug users through our welfare system.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Stop Requiring Doctors to Sign Off on Medicaid Mental Health Plans

As it currently stands, mental health clinics who accept Medicaid have to have a medical doctor contract with them and sign off on mental health treatment plans. Each client is also supposed to visit that doctor once a year, and most of the time the client will never see that doctor again. I feel the state could save a lot of money if they cut this requirement or at least just have the Healthy Connections doctor sign off on plans (as he/she is the doctor who works with and sees the client anyway). The state needs to stop paying for…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Consolidate benefit programs

I have worked for for the dept for numerous years. In the last few years, they have begun to set up recertification centers. One for medicaid and one for food stamps. This now makes many people touching the same case. No one knows what is going on with the case. You could save considerable amount of money by closing these centers and put the cases back in the local offices. We gave 2 positions to each center but this was not enough so they have hired double what they were to make the centers run. This making the budget out…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Consolidate State offices into one building for each Region. Twin Falls-county hosp. could be used.

All State offices in Twin Falls could be consolidated into one building, namely the old county hospital, making better access for citizens and less costly for data lines, video conferencing, travel and postage between offices etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. health and welfare rules

Currently, under the TAFI, temporary aid for families in Idaho, there are no rules in IDAPA to recoop overpayments to families unless there has been an intentional policy violation. So, if a benefits worker makes a mistake or fails to act on a reported change by a household, the household ends up with money that they should not have had. There is no mechanism to write or collect overpayments. Mistakes happen but the state should be able to get the money back just as it does with food stamps or AABD grants.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fed-Funded State Public Health Employees: Work for 501c3, Not As State Employees=Save State $$

A majority of Idaho Division of Public Health's (state) employees are paid by federal dollars. Other states have 501c3 Public Health Institutes that get the federal dollars and do contract work for the states. This saves states money and improves efficiency. Smaller state government, more efficient workforce, no loss of services for Idahoans.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There are too many Managers and not enough workers

Department of Health & Welfare has way too many managers in the benefits area and not enough front line workers. The managers spend all there time in meetings and are unavaliable to lead there staff, in addition the ones in the Ivory Tower down town never have contact with customers but continue to try to micro manage the people who work on the front lines, they make decisions in a vacuum and dont have a clue what the downstream affect is to there employees or other stakeholders, partners and most importantly the citizens who come to the department for help.…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop allowing food stamps to be used to buy candy, soda, and "deli'' foods.

Food stamps buy too many 'non'-food items like popcicles,ice cream and candy and sodas. I get angry when I see other people, whom are supposedly poor, using my money to buy stuff I cannot afford. It really irks me that I have to do without, while they get fat at my expense. And if you look at most food stamp recipients, they are obese. They obviously do not need my money to buy food.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. disabled get bad deal

I spend over thirtyfive years working with the disabled in one form or another and believed in what i was doing. But the way the programs are run these days there is little chance that these folks will reach the independence the providers cliam to be working towards. You see each person now has a dollar amount attached to them and all the providers are working at getting those dollars.Nowhere is there an outcome that would reduce the providers need to decrease services or they loose those dollars. Can you see how this works? In the old days we would…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No more something for nothing

Develop a plan to require medicaid, food stamp etc recipients to do something productive for the taxpayers of the state in exchange for the benefits.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. develop public works program for welfare

Too many people have become accustomed to "entitlement" programs (handouts) with no requirement to produce. The state should implement a program, like WPA or CCC in the late 30's, for those receiving aid to payback the citizens whose tax dollars it comes from. Even those who are "disabled" can do something.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reduce the excessive amount of money the meth project gets!

The meth problem in Idaho isn't remotely as serious as our governor makes it out to be. It's his wife's favorite pet project, though. Debbie Fields makes an obscene salary for a problem that isn't nearly as pervasive and COSTLY as tobacco use. Why don't we demand that the folks at the meth project REPORT that all the thousands of dollars they spend on their billboards and advertising actually has made a DIFFERENCE?

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cut classes for the mentally ill

My neighbor's kid is mentally retarded. She goes to classes to learn how to tie her shoe. seems like she has been taking this same calss for years. she is a sweet gal and i feel real bad asking but how many times does she need to take this class wehn i'm the one paying for it?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cut Medicaid Transportation Funding

Instead of paying over thousands of dollars for transporting Medicaid recipients to and from counseling appointments, put that money into the Education fund. If our people are more educated, they will be working and therefore, not be needing Medicaid.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. DEQ & Health & Welfare, eliminate overlap of environmental services

When my aunt built her home, she had to contact Health & Welfare about her water well. She also had to contact DEQ. Seems they duplicate each others work. If this is true, eliminate it.

In fact, I would abolish part of DEQ. Let the feds, particularly the EPA take over certain duties.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Citizenship authenticated before welfare eligibility is approved

Make sure all individuals receiving welfare are US citizens before they receive tax payer benefits.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Discontinue food stamps and initiate free commodoties

Since food stamps/quest card are notoriously abused and misused (selling the card at a price less than the value and purchasing non-essential groceries like soda and candy) I believe that the truly needy/hungry could gain the benefit of being fed if the state distributed food commodoties such as rice, beans and cheese etc.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stop Project Filter's support of Snake River Stampede

At this year's Snake River Stampede, I was surprised to see that Project Filter sponsored either the barrel racing or the calf roping events. Why the heck is Project Filer sponsoring an event with such a specialized fan base?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. child welfare

My suggestion would be to gut the whole child welfare department and bring in people that actually investigate alleged abuse. also I would suggest a law that makes those reporting abuse, responsible for their allegations. Transparency in Government.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?